Monday, August 9, 2010

Being responsible!

One of my favorite sayings is "you choose your own destiny, through the decisions that you make! So choose wisely with your heart, mind & soul!"I say this often to remind myself that I'm responsible for everything that happens to me. I find that, within my generation being responsible is the exception instead of the standard. It is super disturbing because I'm raising a son! A black male, in a world where people would rather play the victim as oppose to be accountable! How did this become the normal? Our parents clearly weren't raised like that. Does it start with chores, and the fear of God? This I'm not sure of but I'm willing to try because someone is depending in me to be successful & this is something I HAVE to be responsible for!

No comments:

Post a Comment