Monday, November 15, 2010

Focus

As I continue on this journey I learn more and more about myself daily. Validation comes in many forms. Self,personal, professional, and spiritual to name a view. In dealing with the constant NEED for validation, it is easy to lose focus. My need to be "different" has been fueled for years by my insecurities. I can say now that my strength has come from moments like this. Moments where all i can do is turn to Him. There's strength in allowing yourself to be vulnerable. Some are more spiritual than others, however once you learn to communicate with God it becomes easy to hear HIM. We can choose to attempt to silence what we're hearing but it will become apparent in all that we do.
I've been struggling to find my purpose & praying for clarity often. As I begin to receive clarity, I became easily distracted with other, insignificant things or people. One by one God continues to remove the things out of my way (even when I didn't want to, or didn't view them as obstacles). He wants my attention & focus to be on my purpose.

One thing that I have to remember is that although we make choices, they simply determine how easy or hard it's going to be. Ultimately, my destiny has already been decided. So I bid good bye to the people & things that don't deserve my attention. I'm focused on my purpose & if that means I'm alone for a while then I'm truly ok with that!

2 comments:

  1. "There's strength in allowing yourself to be vulnerable"... Im stealing this and adding it to my fb fav quotes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent blog Vanessa, I may have to steal *cough* borrow this off you

    ReplyDelete